Tuesday, June 2, 2009

School vs. Real World


I enrolled myself to the entrepreneurship program of our university; making it a priority before fine arts.

I don't like my program.

Why? It is not because they can't teach properly or they can't teach what they preach. It is about they don't know what they preach can do.

The real world teaches us outsourcing and automated business, levaraging and globalization.
What my curriculum teahces is traditional business.

Now, my program has a different curriculum. A year of pre commerce studies and afterwards three years of entrepreneurship before you can graduate. Adding subjects that they think might help future entrepreneurs. I have not browsed for what it can offer but I'm hoping that it is better than what me and my classmates are in.


When you want to pursue education, here's what you should do
1. Weigh if having an outside mentor is better than having to go to school; Why?

If you plan to pursue formal education this is what you should do??
1. Check out the curriculum.
2. Is the curriculum congruent with what you want to achieve??/Will the curriculum help you attain what you want??
2. Talk to the chairperson of that program and ask questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment