Sunday, June 28, 2009

Issues

I have read a blog. It is about how he hates Tim Ferris.

I would just like to have a reaction blog about her ideas. Italicized words are excerpts of that blog.

1. Don’t hang out with people who don’t respect your time

This one is good. Elimination, Chapters 5 and 7 of 4HWW explains this.

Sometimes people wonder if I ever hang out. Yes I do. Im a pick up artist; Others call it social butterfly. I just don't want to be disturbed when I am doing what I like(Watching movies). I have time to be with my friends and I have time for not being with them. It is a decision. A choice.

2. Cut to the chase: Tell people who are full of sh*t that they're full of sh*t
When his book came out, there were vacuous, annoying comments all over my blog directing people to his book. Like, "The topic of priorities is an interesting one. I like how Tim Ferris handles that in his new book,blah blah" and then there's a link to the book.

At this point I knew Tim, sort of. And I called him on his phone and told him to tell his employees to stop spamming my blog.

First he implied it was his fan base and he had little control.

I think he really has no control over other people. Its not his choice for his fans to comment at her blog.

3. Self-centered people are more likely to waste your time

Definitely. Self centered people are what we call the people that belong to the upper class thinking. They strive to have something, however they want to get it at any means possible even stepping on others.

An example would be a multi level marketer who persuades his invites to go to a conference and discuss about a business. After the transaction he does not anymore mind his downline. All for making a sale.

A good MLMer must be Honest about the business. MLM is Having a business and distribution. Here in the Philippines, majority of MLMers just do it for the money. Looking for downlines just for the money. Greed is sad. It is a sad truth.

4. Productivity is about meeting your goals, not getting out of doing work
Fine. But then his four-hour work week is merely semantic. Because everything Tim does he turns into what the rest of us would call work, and he calls it not-work. For example, tango. If you want to be world-record holder, it's work. It's your job to be special at dancing the tango. That's your big goal that you're working toward. How you earn money is probably just a day job. So most weeks Tim probably has a 100-hour workweek. It's just that he's doing things he likes, so he lies to you and says he only works four hours. He defines work only as doing what you don't like.

No. Totally wrong. If I want to be a world record holder, it is NOT WORK. Doing what you want is not work. There is difference between DOING WORK FOR WORKS SAKE, and being PERSONALLY PRODUCTIVE.

I like playing guitar. I want to travel and play concerts. I like to compose songs. It is Not work.

5. Time management is about making time to connect with people

What the NR strives to achieve is NOT time management. The NR wants what he wants. Wether it is connecting with people. The NR will formulate solutions just to be with the people they love, or to do whatever they want without restrictions.

I am not affiliated to Tim Ferris or anything. This is actually disappointing. Just like Religion wars, people still rely on faith instead of thinking. When you are a NR you are open to ideas. You must be, To survive.

When I first read his book, it was an awe. I thought I was the only one who has this principles.

Solutions are the things that the NR is good at. Deal with it.

P.S. Watch the movie The Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment